2009-09-04

Woo hoo

Vacation started today, we left T.O. at around 9 and got into Halifax at around 11:00EST, 12:00 local (all the times I mention from now on will be local to wherever I am)

Got to Budget, and as usual in spite of a reservation they don't have the car I asked for. They offered me an SUV, which I didn't want to pay the gas for and then a convertible ... which, after haggling a bit over the price, I took.

We drove from the airport to our hotel, which is in Dartsmouth basically across the bay from Halifax, got checked into the hotel no problem and then sat down to decide what to start with.

Turns out one of the historic/heritage walks we wanted to do in the area started a few blocks from the hotel. So we went to get some lunch and a few bottles of water and got started on the 1 - 2 hr walk.

I'll admit, it was somewhat dissapointing, the sights were mostly a few older buildings, a pond, and a lake. Dartsmouth seems to be to Halifax what Brampton or Maple is to Toronto, a mostly residential suburb, with not a lot to see.

We forgot the camera, but the only time that I regretted it was when we saw a flock of geese holding up traffic by crossing the road all in a row.

The walk was good exercise and both Andi and I are pretty beat, gonna wash up and relax in the room for a bit and then head out to dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment